Sandra is an American writer based in Vienna, Austria. She specializes in stories about historical adventurers, non-traditional entrepreneurs, social advocates, artists, scientists, and other big thinkers.
When not working for corporate clients, she travels and writes fiction.
- Founder of Writing Roughshod, a history blog dedicated to female writers and explorers from the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Contributor to an online alumni encyclopedia for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, coming soon.
- Assistant editor on The Communication Crisis in America, And How to Fix It, available now.
- Regular freelancer for On Wisconsin magazine.
- Selected magazine/web copy clips: entrepreneurship, science and technology, international affairs, social advocacy, sports history, and “artful hacking.”
- Master’s thesis on urban/rural tensions in Wisconsin and the effect of those tensions on coverage of political elections in local newspapers across the state.
- Statewide outreach on behalf of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Read a selection of stories and an email newsletter aimed at Wisconsin state legislators and community opinion leaders.
- Oversaw production of a corporate gift proposal for the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association that set the standard for subsequent, similar projects.
- Guest edited an issue of Badger Insider magazine. Coordinated content, art, and print production.
- Additional stories for the University of Wisconsin-Madison.